Thank you for licensing type from Justin Penner, and for supporting independent type designers.
By purchasing, downloading, or using this font, you are giving your legally-binding consent to the following license agreement.
First, we have to define some terms, to ensure we’re all on the same page.
- “Font Design” is the shapes or outlines of the letters, numbers and other glyphs in the font, together with the designed system for setting and spacing the type.
- “Font Software” is the source code and the compiled code that contains the Font Design. The source code is proprietary, and only the compiled code will be supplied to the Licensee.
- “Font” is both the Font Design and Font Software
- ”E-book Font” refers to the compiled Font Software and Font Design supplied to E-book Licensees, in a format designed for use in E-books.
- “Vendor” is Justin Penner.
- “Licensee” is the person or organization purchasing or receiving this font license from the Vendor.
- “You” and “your” are considered synonymous to the Licensee, for the purposes of this agreement.
- “User” is a person, within the Licensee’s organization, to whom a Desktop license is assigned.
- “E-book” is a single E-book or a single issue of another E-publication such as an E-magazine. Future editions or translations of a book are considered to be the same E-book, but sequels are not. New editions that include a partial name change, to indicate substantial new content, are not considered to be the same E-book.
Assertion of Moral & Legal Rights
The Vendor reserves all rights to use, copy and distribute this Font Software and Font Design, except where permissions are explicitly granted to the Licensee in this contract.
These rights are asserted by the Vendor on moral grounds, and are legally protected around the world by international and regional intellectual property laws.
License is Not Ownership
Purchasing this software license does not equate to ownership in any regard. The User holds a license to use the Font Software and Font Design, but does not in any sense “own” it.
Licenses are non-transferable. You may not sell, transfer or give your license to any other person or organization.
E-book License Assignment
You may assign each E-book License to any E-book designed, produced or published by your organization. E-book Licenses cannot be reassigned; a new license is required for each E-book that uses the Font Software.
Embedding in E-books
Your licensed E-books may only use the E-book font files supplied by the Vendor, or licensed Desktop font files that have been converted to an E-book font file that includes IDPF obfuscation.
E-book Development Work
No Desktop Licenses are included as part of an E-book License. Developers and designers working on the E-book will usually require Desktop licenses, depending on their workflow.
Modifications & Derivatives
You may modify the Font Software for your own licensed use. You may only distribute the modified Font Software to other licensed Users within your organization, and use it with the same limitations that apply to the non-modified Font Software. If free technical support is offered to Licensees, it will not be offered to Licensees who have modified the Font Software.
Modified Font Software must preserve the name, author and copyright information, stored in the metadata inside the font file, and the font name must also be preserved in the filename.
If any glyphs are modified or added, the word “Modified” must be added to the filename.
You may also contact the Vendor if you would like to commission changes or add additional characters to the Font Software.
You are entitled to make backup copies of the Font Software, for use solely within your household or organization.
You are not obligated to credit the author of the font (Justin Penner), but I would love it if you did.
You are also not obligated to send me any work you create using the font, but I would be thrilled to see it!
Vendor reserves the right to terminate the license if any terms are broken.
Disclaimer & Warranty
The Vendor offers no warranties for the Software and accepts no liability for any issues, harm or damage that may result from the use of it, except when required by law. In any case where the Vendor offers a warranty or accepts liability, the maximum damages will be equal to the original purchase price paid by the Licensee.